Socks for Me

Over Christmas break I finally got a chance to knit something for myself!  I've been so busy with things for the shop that I haven't made myself anything in quite a while.  So I decided my first Christmas project would be socks for myself :-)


I've had this yarn kicking around for about a year.  It's KnitPicks undyed sock yarn, which I dyed with RIT dye.  I think it was just "purple" and nothing else but I can't remember.  It's been a year!

Mittens in background by my mum.  Also, this is what happens when you let your sister who is a dancer take pictures of socks - she badgers you into ballet positions.  I think this is "fifth relevé" but you would have to ask Kate!

For a change I used someone else's pattern, too.  It's Zokni by "mintyfresh" on Ravelry.  This is the first time I've done a short-rows heel and I can't quite decide if I like it.  It fits well and looks good, but it seems a little... flimsy?  I don't know.


The lace pattern drove me crazy.  I usually memorise charts after just a few repeats but it took me a sock and a half to get this one completely memorised!  Weird.  But it's really pretty and I like the way it looks, so I guess it's worth it.


They only took me four days, start to finish.  I began the first one on the airplane, Christmas Sunday morning, and worked in the last end on Wednesday afternoon.  Of course this was a holiday week so I had lots of time to sit around knitting while I talked with family (or sat in the car while we drove somewhere!)


I've finished one other project but it's a gift and I don't want to blog it until it's gone to its recipient!  So maybe I'll talk about something other than knitting for the next few days ;-)

Comments