Thrift Store Finds

This week I've visited several thrift stores -- the big Goodwill in town, a little vintage/antique place downtown, and a book shop.  I've found several lovely things!

This used to be a Planters Peanut canister.  Now it's for my looseleaf tea!


 I loved this cup -- not only is the shape unusual but there are little faces in the gold work.  Utterly charming.


It has a wee chip in the rim as you can see in this photo, but it's completely usable still and I've never minded chipped china.


From the book shop (and one from Goodwill) - a stack of lovely books.  I paid on average about $4/book, which I think is excellent!


Finally this charming plate, just a few cents from Goodwill.  I use so many small luncheon-size plates that I'm always running out, so I've decided to pick up interesting ones when I see them :)


I also snagged a couple of dresses, but I'll be making them over so I'll save them for later posts!

And just for fun -- a few snaps of my best friend and thrifting buddy.  She's getting married in August and picked up this veil!


Don't worry - she's going to deconstruct it and make it into something MUCH more graceful and attractive :D  (And I did have her permission to post these photos!

Comments