Goin' Home


Tomorrow I'm going home!  It's just for a few days but I'm ridiculously excited about it.  I'll be home for my dad's birthday on Friday and my sister's theatre camp performance the same evening... I'll get my own family birthday celebration... I'll get to meet a friend I've never met in person and catch up with a friend I've known for 12 years.  I'll get to enjoy cooler temperatures and revel in the beauty that is my home and spend time with my parents and sister.

I have an ulterior motive for going home, though.  I'm getting a car!  My dad found and bought it for me (I'm paying, though, he's not that rich) and I'm flying home Thursday morning to get my hands on it.  I'm pretty ridiculously excited about this, too!  I went 3 years of college with pretty much no access to a car.  This past year my roommate has been incredibly generous in lending hers, and I've had free rein with it this summer as she's been out of the country, but as I'll be starting grad school and living on my own, having a car is going to be a huge blessing!  It's not new and it's not fancy, but it will drive.

This is from March, flying over the Italian Alps.
So I'm leaving Memphis in the wee hours of the morning, arriving in Detroit in the afternoon, and spending a day and a half with my family, driving back on Saturday, since I have to be at church to sing a duet on Sunday morning!  I'd appreciate prayers for safe travels (and no problems with security at the airport!) and I will see you all next week -- with pictures of my car!

Comments