A Pink Elephant


In between searching for jobs and new cars, I've been knitting.


Today, this pink stuffed elephant.  Isn't he charming?

Hanging out with my oyster-shell elephant from California.
The pattern is adapted from a 1946 book called "Sewing for the Baby" (but obviously it has some knitting patterns as well!)  I made him in a soft, washable cotton yarn from my stash, and stuffed him with polyfil.  The original pattern  had only one leg in back and one in front instead of two apiece, so I added an extra strip to make him a little more realistically three-dimensional, and separated out the legs.


He's for sale in my shop, but I wish I could keep him!  The book says "This wise little elephant will enchant baby."  I don't think it's just babies who will find him enchanting.


Comments