New Job

Sorry it's been a little quiet around here!  I just got hired on at the Great Escape movie theatre (conveniently located only a couple miles from home) and so I've been busy adjusting to working -- learning how to work the popcorn maker, keep up with crazy lines,  and trying to remember what cabinet they keep the candy in!

(I had to put new buttons on my black trousers - I'd been putting it off for months but finally did it!)
So far I'm enjoying it, although I'm a little bummed because my work schedule this weekend meant I couldn't attend the out-of-town wedding of two dear friends.  So that's no fun.  Also I come home smelling like popcorn and grease.  But it could be a lot worse.  I have steady employment and I like the people I work with, and that's a huge answer to prayer!


Meanwhile on the crafting front, I'm chugging along on the manly quilt.  When I can get Conrad to stop sitting on it.  I hope I'll have finished photos and an Etsy listing by Monday or Tuesday at the latest!


Speaking of Conrad... he is not pleased with my new work schedule.  Apparently he'd got used to my being home all day, almost every day, so when I worked a 7-hour shift yesterday he was anxious and clingy by the time I got home.  Poor cat!  And now he's cuddled up next to me to nap, which is pretty unusual.  I guess he'll adjust to the new schedule eventually...

Comments

  1. Make sure you list the quilt as one that can only go to a home where no one has cat allergies! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, it will be de-haired and washed before it goes anywhere :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Conversation is what makes blogging fun :-)