Tired

Today I got up at 3:30 AM, because I had a paper due.  I've been thinking about it for a week or so and I really did try to write it yesterday, but it didn't work.  So I started writing at 4 am and finished around 7.

Nine pages in three hours.  These are all the books I cited, suffused in early morning sunlight.


Then I went to school in the closest thing to pyjamas I've ever worn in public.

You can't see them, but I'm wearing slouchy knit gauchos.  And my hair is in the sloppy looped-up ponytail I slept in (briefly.)
Now I just want to go sleep in the warmth under a tree.  Maybe on this quilt, which I've just taken new and improved photos of and which is back up in the shop.

Comments

  1. I always write papers that way, Gillian. I think about them for weeks and then madly dash off all of my thoughts at once. I'm glad you finished and hope you get some sleep now.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one (I know it runs in my family, as Mum wrote papers this way, too!) I should probably try not to leave them until the *very* last minute like this though...

      I did get sleep. I'm very alert today!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Conversation is what makes blogging fun :-)