Rainy Day


It's pouring rain and I'm sitting at one of the coffee shops downtown, wishing I had an umbrella and possibly sensible shoes.  I had to be out of the house at 7 AM (to attend traffic school... sigh...) and I didn't take time to check the weather.  It was clear when I left but now it's chilly and so wet.  And my umbrella is in the car on the other side of town.  It'll be a damp walk up to school for my afternoon class!



But Blondie's is a charming shop and I don't mind spending an hour here!  Their food and drinks are excellent and I like the atmosphere.  They play music from the '50s and '60s, the staff is friendly, and the big windows balance out the dark, exposed brick of the walls and the black beams in the ceiling.  I keep glancing out the windows and seeing people I know - it's nice to be at the point where I'm beginning to be familiar with this town.


I wish I had more time to just hang out at coffee shops.  Or in fact to just sit and be still, anywhere at all.  I've been feeling really tired lately -- I desperately want the spring break I didn't get this year!  And of course if I'm fortunate and actually land a job for the summer, I won't get much of a break then either.  But that's life, I suppose!  And for now I'll enjoy this quiet hour and hope the rain lets up.

Comments