New Blouse

This is the beginning of what I hope will be a long line of completed projects this summer!  I've made it my goal to work through both my stash and my (very large) collection of UFOs this summer.  Here is the first!

I cut out this blouse last summer but never got around to making it.  The fabric is a mystery blend - probably cotton/poly? - from the remnants rack at JoAnn Fabrics.  I think there was just over a yard, maybe 1.5 yards.  I used Simplicity 4077, altering the sleeves to be longer, fuller, and have a sleeve band.


I decided to flat-fell the side and shoulder seams, as my fabric is quick to fray; this gave the seams some nice definition, and achieved my goal of avoiding fraying.


I also added white rick-rack, which I found in my stash, to the collar and cuff edges -- I think it really pulls the blouse together!  The buttons - little white flowers - were also from the stash.  They were originally bought for a dress my mum made me for my cousin's wedding, back when I was six, but I found exactly the right number (scattered in three different button boxes... but they were there!)

I'm very pleased with the way this came out, and the pattern was quite easy to work with - nothing complicated, and the fit is good.  Altogether, a good pattern, which I will most likely use again.

Comments

  1. Great job! I love finishing projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said on S&S, charming blouse! The rick-rack does indeed pull it all together and make it special... and I love your pearls! They totally finish off the ensemble.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Conversation is what makes blogging fun :-)

Popular Posts