Coordination Lacking

So I think that today's events pretty well sum up my life at the moment...

I woke up later than I should have because I'd spent an hour hitting snooze and ignoring the cat, who was yelling for breakfast.  So when I finally got up Conrad was delirious and rushed down the stairs ahead of me to get to the food.

He was in such a hurry that he tripped and fell down the last half-dozen stairs.  I almost fell down them myself because I was laughing so hard.

Then later I dropped a large spoonful of (hot) oatmeal on my (bare) foot in an absent-minded moment.

I also tripped on my skirt on the ladder during opera rehearsal and almost crushed Esther who was supposed to be pulling me off said ladder.  (No, I don't know whose bright idea it was to dress us in ankle-length skirts and then tell us to perform an opera on a ladder...)

Then on the bus this afternoon the driver started before I had time to sit down, and the hanger of the costumes I took home to alter got caught on a bar, yanked off, and thrown to the ground with a clang.  Everybody stared.

Later, the cat fell over in an excess of delight because I was home and petting him.

So yeah.  Coordination.  We lack it.

Comments