Back to creating

I've been on a bit of a crafting hiatus these last several weeks, as my hands and wrists decided to let it be known that I'd been overworking them*.  I've been wearing a brace on my right hand and trying to teach myself to be ambidextrous (since the left hand is not nearly as sore.)  Apart from the pile of choir dresses and tuxedo trousers I hemmed, I haven't touched a project since mid-September.  Three weeks of essentially no knitting has been difficult!


Today, though, my hands were feeling better and I decided to tackle the quilt tops I pieced last month.  Now I have two lovely quilt sandwiches, just waiting to be quilted!


I also sliced up a pile of fabric scraps into strips, ready to become another quilt top.


The brace is back on for insurance but I don't think I've damaged myself by today's exertions.  If all feels right tomorrow I'm going to give knitting a try!


*Possibly mild carpal tunnel syndrome, although it doesn't fit most of the common symptoms (numbness, tingling, loss of grip.)  It's just sore if I use my hands too much.  And yes, I plan to ask my doctor about it next time I go in.)

Comments