So Many Stars

Photo by Stefano de Rosa. Check out his page, he's got gorgeous pictures!
I got home from work around 12:30 last night and spent a couple hours lying in the front lawn star-gazing.  Partly I was looking for meteors or shooting stars (the Perseids were strong this weekend) but mostly I just looked at stars.

So many stars.

I kept repeating the beginning of Psalm 8 over and over:  When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the sun and the moon which thou hast ordained, what is man that thou art mindful of him?  and the son of man that thou visitest him?  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Compared to all those stars I am so very small.  And yet God is "mindful" of me - I am one who is just a little "lower than the angels".   And that is almost as overwhelming as trying to count the stars.

Comments