1. To begin with, I'm still sick. We've proceeded to the sandpapered-throat, hoarse coughing stage, accompanied by a voice which has dropped at least a fifth and which is threatening to give out entirely. I probably shouldn't have gone to school today, but I decided to muscle through and go anyway. Which leads me to
2. I locked my keys in the car. Normally I'm extremely careful about that. I collect my things, holding keys firmly in hand the whole time, and I check three times before I actually shut and lock the door. Today, possibly due to 1), my mind was elsewhere. As I pushed the door closed I saw the keys sitting on the seat, winking at me.
3. AAA is really a great convenience. I am glad I am a member.
4. I wish I hadn't needed to find out how convenient they are today.
5. Conrad went to the vet to get neutered today. I'm going to have a sad little kitten after school.
6. We will probably spend the rest of the day feeling miserable together. I don't suppose having company will really help a lot.
7. Owing to my illness over the weekend I have not done a lick of work on my major research project, for which I'm supposed to have an outline and 3 pages of prose by tomorrow morning.
8. I have a feeling they're not going to get done tonight, either.
9. Maybe the good professor will let me reschedule?
10. At least I had a good homemade pumpkin spice latte this morning. Recipe to follow.