Odds and Ends

I've been quiet for a long time again - almost a month.  Mainly I've been trying to keep up with school and performances, but I've also been working on graduate school applications.  It's hard to believe it's time to do that already!  Sometimes it feels like I just started college, and here I am almost ready to graduate.  It's weird.

I also took three CLEP tests this month - English Literature, Western Civilization II, and Biology.  Since I added my English minor so late I had to clep some core classes to fit everything in on time, but I'm actually really glad I did this.  It took very little time and much less money than taking the courses at Union would have.  I got 10 hours of credit with probably only about 10 hours of study time, and the cost was a fraction of what I would have paid.  And now I can tell people that I'm getting 28 hours of credit in one semester! ;-P

I've also been cooking, and slogging away (slowly) on my quilt, and I made a pair of socks.  They're finished except for grafting the toes, but they're a gift, so I won't post pictures until after Christmas :-)  Now I'm working on another pair of socks, and a beaded lace shawl which is going to be gorgeous, if I can avoid shooting myself  before I finish it.  Placing tiny seed beads with a 0.5 mm crochet hook is NOT the most fun activity in the world!

Oh.  If anyone can tell me if it's possible to keep up with the laundry and the dishes, I'd appreciate it!  My roommate and I are so busy with school that the apartment gets - and stays - cluttered.  I don't like it, but the best I seem to be able to do is a cleaning spree every three weeks or so.  It's depressing.  On the up side, the weather is beautiful now.  If only it would rain - we need it.  But I'm loving the temperatures!  Never above mid-seventies, and the nights are down in the forties now.  This is my kind of weather!

Comments