IronMan2 in Yellow

As promised, I've been working on the UFOs and the first is finished!


These are the IronMan2 Socks by Laura Jenkins, worked in KnitPicks Stroll in "Dandelion".

They were an interesting and rather challenging project, requiring a lot of attention to the charts.  I started them on a petsitting weekend back in 2015, then finished the first sock on a road trip to New Jersey last June.  Then they sat around for over 6 months until I finally finished the second one over the weekend at the end of February.


These are not perfect - I misread some of the chart symbols when I picked them up last June, and worked most of the leg doing the twists wrong, so the first sock is not as smooth inside as it ought to be, though the difference is not terribly obvious on a quick look.  It wasn't enough to make me re-knit the sock, but it still bothers me that I did it wrong!


Conrad was my constant companion during the weekend of the second sock.  (I did a photo follow-along on Instagram while I was finishing it, if you want to see more!)  And I played extreme yarn chicken with this pair, finishing up with a bare 10 yards leftover.


This pair will go to my friend Hannah, and I hope she likes them!


Comments