Crafting for a Cause

The world has been a pretty hurt-filled place lately, hasn't it?  Hurricanes and wildfires and political unrest at home and abroad.


My resources are stretched thin, and I've already donated my personal limit to disaster relief funds both here and in our Caribbean territories.  But I can't get the thought of people hurting, afraid, without food or shelter, out of my head.  So from now until the end of October, I will donate 20% of the proceeds from any sale made through my Etsy shop to relief funds for the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.  (I know these aren't the only places hurting, but I have a friend from St. Thomas who is a good source for reliable donation funds, and I want to make sure the money's going where it needs to go!)


So make a purchase through Somewhen Designs, and know that a portion of that will go directly to help hurricane-battered families get food, water, and the ability to rebuild their lives.


If you'd rather just donate, that's good too!  A few good places are linked below.


One Love Collective is the most comprehensive list I can find for St. Thomas, including links to donation sites and to an Amazon wish list of specific items needed.

The Daily News Fund "is being established in conjunction with the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands, an independent, long-established umbrella nonprofit here in the territory. The Daily News will have a staff committee to determine how the funds should be spent and which nonprofits they will be directed to. We will have control, oversight, and transparency, and will publish an accounting of the fund's intake and expenditures."

Cass' Green Industry is sending portable solar power units to Puerto Rico.  


Comments