BalloonFest


Yesterday I went with a friend to the BalloonFest.  It happens annually but I think it's been at least 6 years since I went! This was also the first time I didn't go with my family, so that was interesting.  There are vendors and carnival rides and junk food, and of course hot air balloons.  We wandered and looked at everything, ran into a few people we knew, ate bad-for-you but tasty carnival food, rode a few rides, and generally had a blast!





The launch was pretty small this year, since it was fairly windy - only 3 of the 40 or so balloons actually flew.  But some of the others inflated themselves for the glow, which happens just at nightfall.  It's like a field full of gigantic coloured Chinese lanterns.


 
 
Also, since this is me, there was knitting while we listened to the live music (Annabelle Road, and quite good!) and waited for the balloons to launch.


Comments