Catching Up

I have determined that college classes are detrimental to blogging.  This is unfortunate, for I must keep up in my classes, but I like blogging!

Today I had the hearing for my junior recital.  Basically it was an examination to make sure I was well-prepared and ready to present the recital.  I passed, in spite of the fact that I didn't completely finish memorizing my music until yesterday afternoon!  I'm so relieved to have that over with.  The recital itself - two weeks from today - will be a piece of cake compared to this ;)

It's been unusually cold and snowy down here in the south, but I think the weather is finally making a turn towards spring.  I love winter, but I confess I'm about ready for warm temperatures, and sunny days more than once every two weeks!

My amaryllis, which I've had since I was 15, is about to bloom.  It's a temperamental and eccentric bulb; they are supposed to bloom at Christmas, but this one never does.  It has been later and later every year - it grows by its own schedule, regardless of whether you put it in a dark place for a few weeks as recommended, to let it "rest".  It usually spends summers outside on the deck.  Its leaves get chewed on by the cats.  But this year it began to put up its flower stalk just before I headed back to school, so I brought it with me that I might see it bloom for the first time in three years.  My roommate think it's some sort of marvel because it grows so quickly - from a mere inch of green showing to a stalk nearly two feet tall in only three weeks!  The bud cracked open yesterday and the blossoms are crowding out of it, beginning to turn red already.  When it is fully in bloom I'll post a photo of it.  There is something so elegant - almost regal - about an amaryllis in full bloom!

Comments

  1. Congrats on passing the junior recital, and all the best for the actual recital!

    I'm really hoping spring will come soon now too, I'm not a fan of this time of year - and I find blogging can be a bit of a challenge too, everything feels so dreary and lacklustre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your recital goes well!! Congrats on passing the hearing. So scary!

    Can't wait to see the picture of the amaryllis. I love amaryllises/amaryllii???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Conversation is what makes blogging fun :-)