Honest Scrap Award!
Clare gave me this award - thanks Clare! I'm sorry it took me so long to get to it, but here goes at last!
* Thank the person who gave you the award
* Post 10 honest facts about yourself
* Pass the award on to 7 others - we'll see if I can find 7!
1. I am first and foremost a musician (after, of course, being a Christian! Which is so much a part of me that I almost forget to mention it...). Specifically a singer. I cannot imagine life without song... and I want to pursue that passion to the opera stage. We'll see!
2. After singing, my other great passion and delight is writing. I write fiction, and I write all sorts - from fantasy to historical fiction to "romantic comedy" type stories. I'm nearly finished with - not my first novel, for I started 3 before this one! - but my first that has any promise at all; I'm pretty excited about it!
3. Anyone who's spent any amount of time with me knows I can't go without needlework - whether it be knitting, crocheting, or sewing! I knit whilst I read, during Bible studies, in college classrooms... I sew every chance I get.
4. Historical fashions fascinate me; particularly Tudor fashions, the "Romantic" period, early 1900s, and the "Swing" era. I've done a lot of historical sewing and plan to do a lot more! My friends think I'm peculiar but I couldn't care less ;-)
5. I'm so close to 6 feet tall that I call myself that. (This is very useful sometimes - as when one needs to reach the back of a top shelf - and very, very frustrating other times, as when one auditions for a play and is relegated to the chorus because all the men are 6 inches shorter!)
6. I can sleep anywhere, anyplace, anytime. Apparently it worries my friends - I fall asleep in the car even on short trips, in the dorm sitting up... (Maybe this would be less likely to happen if I slept more at night?)
7. I decided I wanted to sing opera before I'd ever seen one performed - but I certainly didn't change my mind after that first performance...! If anything I fell more in love with opera as an art form. (La Boheme and Le Nozze de Figaro are probably my favourites.)
8. I was born in Greenoch, Scotland, though I'm a U.S. citizen. Related: my birthday is in July, which I always used to like because it meant no school on my birthday! Now it makes me a little sad, because it means none of my friends from college - dear, dear friends! - are around to celebrate with me.
9. I get really irritated with people who bash the Harry Potter series without ever having read them. No, it's not a perfect series. No, the writing is not deathless prose. But please, please, please give them a chance and don't just write them off on hear-say!
10. I firmly believe that the little twinkling lights visible on summer evenings are not, as popularly supposed, fireflies, but rather fairies come out to dance. Nothing will ever shake this belief!
And now for the tagging! Most people I know who have blogs have been tagged already... but: