Quiet life

It's Friday night and I don't have to work, and I'm making the best of it!  Between rehearsals, concerts, work, and more rehearsals, I've hardly been home for the evening at all for the last two weeks or so.  But tonight I got home by five and the landpeople are all out at various functions, so I have the house to myself.  An entire evening of blessed reprieve from the constant television and radio (often at the same time).  Bliss!


Mostly what I'm doing is using the time to catch up on laundry, but I also made a proper dinner for the first time in a while.  Quite simple - pan-cooked pork chops (and when I say pork chops I actually mean pork loin which I sliced up into smaller sections because I can't eat a whole one in a reasonable amount of time), rice, corn, and gravy.  It looks and tastes pretty fancy, for very little effort!

And because this is me, there is also knitting.  The latest sock, waiting for me to finish eating so I can put in another few inches.


(And yes.  I drink my wine out of a ball jar.  I'm classy like that.)

I hope you all are having a lovely beginning to your weekend!

P.S.  On a housekeeping note, I'm re-instating the word verification thingy, because I've recently been inundated with spam comments.  And there's nothing worse than thinking you have a legitimate comment on a blog post and then finding out it's someone spouting off about how they can help your photography or make you money off your blog.)

Comments

  1. It sounds like a lovely evening, Gill. Those peaceful evenings at home are my favorite, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! Conversation is what makes blogging fun :-)